So I got nominated for this!
I see all these types of things on other people’s blogs but wasn’t quite into it… now I am thanks to Margot over at lectito.me. The idea is that you answer 11 questions and nominated 11 others.
- What do you love most about reading?
The easiest and most difficult question I will answer. What I love about reading is the total escape from life it is, that I can turn out the lights, blink on the kindle and submerge myself in another universe that requires my whole attention (not 12 minute blocks between ad breaks), for as long as I desire. I love that I can do it anywhere. I love that it can capture any mood I am in – to escape into some other woman’s life, to be a teenager again, to be smarter, to live in an alternate universe, another time or momentarily live in Manhattan.
- Why did I start book blogging?
I started book blogging because I wanted to read a book a week. It had been a goal of mine for a long time but I thought by creating a blog it would give me more accountability. I also did it because so often I forget what I read and I get asked for recommendations so often that this was a way of sharing these and keeping track of books.
- What’s my favourite thing to do besides read?
- Where am I from and what’s something most people don’t know about my hometown/city?
Vexed question… so I’ll go with where I am currently living. I live in Darwin in the Northern Territory, Australia. You probably know about the crocs! What you may not know is that Darwin was bombed over 200 times during World War II and many people left a fledgling city, 30 years later it was again destroyed by Cyclone Tracey and left almost deserted again. Today it is coming into it’s own.
- Who’s your favourite local author and why?
Helen Garner – ‘cos she’s written so many books that have captured my imagination and attention.
- If I had to get a book quote tattoo which would I pick?
I’ll just put it out there… I am not getting a tattoo. So let’s imagine me with a permanent poster above my bed instead! That’s surely a big enough commitment!
7. What three books should everyone add to their reading pile?
The Alchemist – Paul Coehlo
The Wife Drought – Annabel Crabb
Quiet – Susan Cain
8. What’s your favourite ‘classic’ and why?
The Great Gatsby – it’s just so beautiful and so lonely all together. I think it holds the magic and possibility of life as well as the angst we can all feel all in one. Plus, it is the first classic I read that I truly loved & understood so it wins!
9. Name a book that left you sleepless…
The Natural Way of Things is probably the most recent one. I often spend hours awake thinking about what I’ve read.
10. Seventh sentence on the current page of the book I’m reading…
‘It was important to have a project, Ray said, no matter how frivolous.” Gold, Citrus, Fame.
11. Show us a picture of your favourite book cover?
Thanks so much Margot for nominating me… I’m just a bit pumped 🙂
The rules are:
- Thank the person who nominated you!
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and let them know they were nominated.
- Ask the nominees 11 questions
So I nominate:
Drizzle and hurricane
Georgia @ The bibliomaniac
Nicola @ Literary ramblings
Fork in my page
Jacklin @ the Bibliophagist
Anje @ love thy shelf
read & survive
Lynn @ smoke & mirrors
Lianne @ eclectictales
Alicia @ a kernel of nonsense
readingmama @ a bookwormy Mama
My 11 questions for you all…
- Why do you read?
- What happens when you go into a bookstore?
- What is a book that you love the look of (cover) but probably won’t read?
- What is a bookish quote that still speaks to you?
- Hard copy books or ebooks?
- Why do you follow other blogs?
- Who is a blogger you really like?
- What is it that motivates you to blog?
- What gets you up in the morning?
- Top 3 books everyone must read…
- Cover art to die for… (pretty pics please)!
Can’t wait to hear from you and I’ll provide a link on my blog back to your comments.
Happy reading x